Parish of St Peter ad Vincula, Wisborough Green - Safeguarding Policy (updated January 2023)
As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
- We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
- As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practise by those in positions of trust.
- The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
- Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
Our Safeguarding Representative is:
|Name:||Mrs Rosemary Crafter|
|Address:||6 Thornton Meadow,
Local Authority Social Services: – West Sussex County Council
- for children at risk -Tel: 01403 229900, or 033 022 26664 for out-of-hours calls
- for adults at risk – Tel: 01243 642121