We are delighted that you are interested in finding out about the possibility of having your wedding service at St Peter’s.
If you are considering being married at St Peter’s then we suggest you come to a regular service and speak to the Vicar or one of the churchwardens. This will enable you to get a feel for what St Peter’s is like and to allow you to ask any questions you have. We suggest you contact us as soon as possible – it is best to come and talk to us when booking your reception venue to avoid disappointment.
If you live outside the parish you can now be married at St Peter’s if you can demonstrate one of the ‘qualifying connections’ with the Church, which are:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
Or that one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
Or that one of your parents or grandparents
- were married in the parish
(These guidelines were laid down by law in 2008)
You can find lots of helpful information about church weddings (including costs) on the Church of England’s website: Weddings